Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Day 2: To Melrose

18 miles (29 km) - Total so far: 74 miles (119 km)

Right now I am camped out behind a fire station in Melrose. There's an open lot behind the station that one of the firefighters owns, and they let people camp from time to time. 2nd night of free camping=Awesome. The rest of today=Major Fail.
It all started last night, when the skies opened up and it rained until morning. When we all finally got up, some thought it'd be best to try and wait out the rain. This led to about 5 hours of sitting around! Not cool, all of stuff still got just as wet as if we packed up in the rain. So we didn't end up leaving our campsite til 11:40. Then we had a 2-3 mile hike to get outta the woods, pretty much in mud. Thus, only riding 18 miles.
I actually wanted to keep riding to the next stop, another 10-15 miles, but I'm not too bitter since we got free camping. Tomorrow I fully intend to be on the road early and get in another long riding day.
Not many pics today, it felt like I was back in NJ. Lots of woods and farms.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment