Monday, February 1, 2010

Day 1: St. Augustine to Etoniah Creek State Park

56 miles (90 km) - Total so far: 56 miles (90 km)

We headed out around 8 this morning, and decided not to follow the maps, riding on A1A down to route 206 near Crescent Beach instead. We passed through Hastings into East Palatka and got chinese for lunch. My fortune said "The human body was designed to walk, run or stop it wasn't built for coasting." Pretty fitting I thought. I don't plan on coasting this trip.
After lunch we crossed the St Johns river into Palatka on 100. We just kept on riding until we found this state park with some primitive camping. We had to walk about 2 miles through wet sandy road to get to the sites. We set up camp for the first night, had some grub, and I'll probably be asleep before 9.


Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment